Friday, May 27, 2011

Debt

I have been trying very hard to get out of debt.  It feels so good to be almost there.  I have been paying cash for everything and saving up if it is a big expense.  I was so VERY proud of myself for paying cash for my new swamp cooler.

And then it happened!  I cannot wait any longer for a new washer or mattress.  It was so very hard getting financing for them.

Not to say that I didn't try to wait, my mattress is 30 years old and the washer has been leaking for quite some time (my downstairs neighbor will have a fit if it starts leaking through the floor.)

What is that saying, something like, "two steps forward and four steps back."  I guess this is my backwards step.  I just need to keep myself from getting back into the trap.  I was proud of myself when they told me the amount I was approved for and I did NOT run back and get a matching dryer!

The delivery is Monday and I am so excited for a good night's rest.  I'm also planning on doing a LOT of laundry that I have been letting slide.  And I think that is the first time I've ever said I was excited about doing laundry!

Hopefully, I'll have two more steps forward and no more backward steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment